Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 15

Dear all who read this-my Beloved brethren and sistren ;),
I am excited about this next transfer. Elder Anderson is getting transfered to Syracuse, it will be his first walk area. (he has been out for about 14 months.) I am staying here in Hudson/Claverack, my new companion I meet tomorrow- Elder McBride. I don't know much about him other than he is a little quieter than Elder Anderson(Who isn't very loud) and about my height with blond hair, and he is an awesome-or as Elder Anderson said: "solid"- missionary. I am loving being here in Hudson, when we first got here, the missionaries before us probably hadn't been as diligent as they could have been, and so the area was suffering, we didn't have much to work from, so we have done a lot of finding by ourselves, and really trying to get the trust of the members, and their excitement about missionary work up. There is a big difference from when we first started, there is an excitement in the air, a different feeling/spirit here now. I went on exchange to an area that was less diligent than ours, and when I came back I could just feel a re-newing, a greater zeal for the work, a love and power. It was indescribable, but things are doing awesome here. We saw a lot of miracles happen this past week. There were some people we ran into who were spiritually dying/dead, and because they allowed us to come in and teach them, we saw the spirit work in their lives and touch their hearts. (John and Stephanie-who have 3 kids a 4 year old daughter, a 2 year old daughter and an 18 monthish old son-) One of the things that I think we often don't understand or focus on is faith. Faith being a principle of power. Faith isn't just a belief in Christ. When we have True faith we are able to do things otherwise impossible. Faith is the way by which we overcome. All things-sin, physical barriers, emotional challenges, percieved barriers for the work, all these can be overcome with faith. Something from a general authority that I really liked from the 1975 october conference- You mean you are going to convert the world!? Yes. But that is impossible! Perhaps, but we will do it anyway.
You are going to find people to teach and baptise in New York, in a "hard area"? Yup. But that is impossible! Perhaps, but we will do it anyway. In God's own way and time, we will do it. That is the message that I share with you. Do it. Find those opportunites for Missionary work. We are out to preach the Gospel to the World. There is always something to be done, and a way prepared to do it. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love, Elder Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment